1979 Fiat X 1/9 $2,000

FiatKid

Low Mileage
Howdy all, I have done it!, the car has reverse now so if you know anyone on the market send them over!

Fun drive-able project car.

Work I've done:
-New transmission
-New tires
-New fuel pump and pressure regulator
-New clutch slave cylinder

The Projects:
-Coolant leak
-Broken latches
- High idle (might just be a quick choke adjustment)
-Cracking on dash

Price is negotiable.Thanks!

Attachments

• Fiat 1.jpg
    Fiat 1.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Fiat 2.jpg
    Fiat 2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Fiat 3.jpg
    Fiat 3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Fiat 4.jpg
    Fiat 4.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Fiat 5.jpg
    Fiat 5.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Fiat 6.jpg
    Fiat 6.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Fiat 7.jpg
    Fiat 7.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Fiat 8.jpg
    Fiat 8.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 87
Howdy all, I have done it!, the car has reverse now so if you know anyone on the market send them over!

Fun drive-able project car.

Work I've done:
-New transmission
-New tires
-New fuel pump and pressure regulator
-New clutch slave cylinder

The Projects:
-Coolant leak
-Broken latches
- High idle (might just be a quick choke adjustment)
-Cracking on dash

Price is negotiable.Thanks!
Interesting: It has 76-78 front and rear bumpers, but a 1500 engine and dashboard. Has anyone seen this combination before? I wonder what the build date and VIN are.

Interesting: It has 76-78 front and rear bumpers, but a 1500 engine and dashboard. Has anyone seen this combination before? I wonder what the build date and VIN are.
79 was the first year of the big bumpers with the plastic elephant ear trim. It could be that the owner preferred the look of the ladder bumpers and changed them. A lot can happen to these cars in 40+ years of life.

Seen this car on Boise CL and/or FB Marketplace. Those pics showed significant rust in a few spots.

Super strange combo. A mish-mash of parts to make a running car.

If someone were seriously interested, I could take a closer look and some more pics. But I will say, After seeing the last pics (and driving past it regularly), I would have nothing to do with it, other than a parts car. And at $2K? No thanks.

"Super strange combo. A mish-mash of parts to make a running car."

I have a strange, sad Alfa spider that fits that description. It's a hoot to drive and I don't have to worry about it in any way. Sometimes this is more fun than my nice cars. :)

I got rid of my 65 Mustang Fastback because I was too worried about it to enjoy driving it...

Attachments

• 20160807_122548.jpg
    20160807_122548.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 16
I sold my Mustang (68 GT convert, 4spd, reflector group) because I restored it once, did the car show things and found it uninspiring to drive (except in a straight line). Every now and then I miss it, but am enjoying my trash much more these days. :)

I guess everyone needs two Fiats. The queen that stays covered in the garage and only comes out for shows and a trash Fiat for normal use. My current spider is a partial trash car and I don't have to worry about dropping a wrench on the fender and messing up the trashy paint. I'm building up a 2L motor to replace the worn out 1800 and I didn't even bother painting the block like I normally do. There is a certain smugness that goes with a trash car and that's much better than the hyper stress of driving a queen.

Back