Mounting radiator

FiatFunk

True Classic
Been way too long since I took the radiator out, as much as I'd like a new one, I have to put the old one back in, at least it seems to flow just fine.
Is the only support the cross member piece underneath it? I don't see anything else on the body that I would bolt to, but there are a bunch of studs on the backside of the rad.
Thanks

Been way too long since I took the radiator out, as much as I'd like a new one, I have to put the old one back in, at least it seems to flow just fine.
Is the only support the cross member piece underneath it? I don't see anything else on the body that I would bolt to, but there are a bunch of studs on the backside of the rad.
Thanks
At least on the early cars, the crossmember is bolted to the body at the ends and that's all the support it needs. That are bosses on the top of the radiator that engage openings inside the front trunk all the way forward to stop the radiator from flopping around.

At least on the early cars, the crossmember is bolted to the body at the ends and that's all the support it needs. That are bosses on the top of the radiator that engage openings inside the front trunk all the way forward to stop the radiator from flopping around.
Ok thanks I didn't see anything securing the the top, I'll take another look later.

On later rads, there is a nub at the top center that slips into a hole in the body work of the frunk. There is a hole for the rad bleed screw in the driver's side of the frunk, look towards the middle for the hole for the rads top nub. I am trying to find a picture.

Yea, no fastener at the top per se, the nub at the top of the radiator fits into a hole in the body and is just a locater. Nothing on the sides, just the support member at the bottom which attaches to the two studs on the radiator and the two studs on the body.

Oh yeah there it all is. Don't mind the mess. This car has been crunched on the front left and has had some poor work done on it. How's the diy bleed screw hole 😔

Attachments

• PXL_20240416_230935817.jpg
    PXL_20240416_230935817.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20240416_230909473.jpg
    PXL_20240416_230909473.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20240416_230905368.jpg
    PXL_20240416_230905368.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 31
Back