True or False: California Registration restrictions on 128

I moved to a different county and have had very good service from both the city and county employees. They have actually been very helpful in dealing with other government employees in the city and county I previously lived, along with the state government.

Former city sent two monthly bills to my new address. I called and asked why I was receiving the bills and was told it showed I had overpaid. I asked how I could get the over payment refunded to me. The said I needed to request the over payment be refunded. I asked what I needed to do to request a refund and was told I just did. After waiting a couple of months for them to mail me the refund I called and asked when I would receive the refund. I was told they had sent it to the wrong address and the letter had been returned. Two days later l received the refund in the mail. I have a hard time understanding how they could get the address correct on the bills but not on the first refund letter. CYA maybe?

State employees could not figure out in which county I lived even though I had changed my driver's license and voter registration. They said they could not look up my address on a map, (or online map) and determine the county in which I live. County Employee in my new county provided me with a letter she wrote that explained to the State which county I live in. New county employee said it happens more often than you would believe. One would think it would be integrated better than that, but it isn't.

Sorry if this is getting too far off topic, but it relates indirectly to John's question of "Calif registration restrictions".

I just saw a timely article in our local news paper regarding the state's DMV (Nevada). A couple years ago they realized they were not providing effective service to the population so they were granted $125 million for a new computer system that would help to automate things and make everything work better. Now they are requesting an additional $300 million to finish implementation of that new computer system. Why the huge increase in cost you ask? Well, according to the news article they now realize that no one in their entire organization knows enough about computers to make the new system work, so the additional funds are to pay a outside service to run it for them. This really illustrates the level of incompetence the DMV operates at. o_O

How this story relates to John's question is the answer, "it depends". As has been stated previously, John will likely get multiple answers from the CA DMV...and there's a good chance all of them will be wrong. So it really depends on who you ask, how you ask it, and how lucky you get - regardless of what the actual regulations state. :rolleyes:

Back