1986 Bertone X1/9

lower price!

My X has been for sale for a while and it's received lots of positive comments and a few nibbles but still has not found a new owner so I'm reducing the price to $7,400 to see if that will help it find a new home.

cheers - dj

Unsolicited Personal Testimony

Folks – If I may jump in here with a comment, even though I have no skin in this game.

I have known this seller for 40+ years, and this particular car for as long as he has owned it.

Anyone who is looking for a solid, no stories F.I. late Series II car being offered by an honest seller should stop their searching and immediately grab this one. It is a great example, thoroughly sorted, reflecting 17 years of fettling. It already has all of the correct and desirable add-ons that most all of us would eventually need to track down individually (Daytonas, cam, lightened flywheel, header, new aluminum radiator with pretty SS tank, Euro spec lighting, updated 1987 leather steering wheel, and so forth). And don’t overlook that key bit about the previous original owner having Ziebarted it.

At his new lower price, this car is a genuine steal of a deal.

Why waste your time rolling the dice, chasing after some unknown eBay / Craigslist car with fuzzy pictures and a sketchy history, being sold by some knuckle-dragging yob with green teeth, when you can instead snag this well-documented solid example for short money?

Think long term here: X’s in general have long ago bottomed out on their depreciation curve, and their values should reasonably continue to inch up over the coming years as fewer and fewer nice examples of these iconic cars are left. So it seems to me that you ought to be able to buy this car today, have your fun with it for, let’s say, the next couple of years, and then sell it onwards for likely the same (or perhaps more) money.

Just fly into Toledo and have one of those leisurely autumn-leaves-scenic-tour drives back home.

Heck, if you’d ask him nicely, I’d be willing to bet that he might even consider throwing in a couple of righteous 1970’s Bachman-Turner Overdrive cassettes for your use on your return trip!

DM

I wished I could... really nice X but I cannot afford it right now.
Patients and the right person will find it.
V/r,
Mike

Nebraska Mike

Thanks!

Mike:
It's a shame that you don't live close enough to at least drop by to see the car and take it for a drive. Even if buying it isn't in the cards for you now it still sounds like fun...

Dave:
"some knuckle-dragging yob with green teeth" Wow. That's so visual - it's almost like you're painting pictures with words.. It's almost (but not quite) poetic. Anyway, thanks for the kind words..

cheers - dj

Fly and Drive

What a sweet ride. I want it and every other sweet X i run across. Nice counterpart for my 77 X! Now what do I need to sell to make some room?

still available

I can just hear your car calling out for a companion & my car's still available..

Sold!

The X has been sold and has moved on to it's new owner.

Thank you Stephen, I hope you have as much fun with the car as I have for the past 17 years. Enjoy!

Thanks also to everyone on X-Web for your help and advice over the years and for your comments and interest while the car was for sale.

Cheers - dj

p.s. here's a photo of the car arriving at it's new home in New Jersey.
IMG_1911.jpg

I seen this going down the road while I was Ubering in the Princeton area, on Thursday. Looked beautiful! Probably my favorite color combo.

Sheesh - I have been a member forever - but probably used a different account name. Brown wire mod…good times. It’s up for sale but my wife is kindly giving me the decision power :) .

Back