1986 Bertone X1/9

rx19

Dennis Jones
For Sale
1986 Bertone X1/9
1500cc-fuel injection-5 speed-53,000 miles

It's time to put my '86 Bertone X1/9 up for sale. I Am the car's second owner and it's been my hobby car for the last 17 years. Like the original owner I've only used it as a summertime car and it has always been garaged year round. Ziebart rustproofing was applied when the car was new.

Some of the car's highlights,

Chromadora CD-31 Daytona magnesium wheels
Alquati A-15 cam
lightened flywheel
Shortened shifter
Jet-Hot ceramic coated International Auto Parts tube header
all fuel lines replaced, injectors flow checked, and fuel injector mounting hardware powder coated
all belts (including timing belt) replaced
Vick Auto Aluminum radiator / new thermostat and all radiator and heater hoses replaced
polished stainless steel coolant tank
K&N air filter
Drilled and slotted brake rotors
all four brake calipers rebuilt and master cylinder replaced
All brake lines (including Earls brand stainless steel flex hoses) replaced using DOT-5 silicone brake fluid
Brake shields and spacers have been powder coated.
Hydraulic clutch master and slave cylinders as well as all hoses replaced.
Euro front and side marker lights with led bulbs
European headlights with halogen bulbs & “city lights” wired to turn on with the marker lights
new battery 2015
Period correct Kenwood stereo/cassette player

Also included is the original owners manual, factory service manual, Haynes repair manual, factory parts list, X1/9 owner's club UK technical handbooks, “Project X1/9” race prep guide and more.
Spares include the original set of Chromadora CD-179 “Tron” wheels, a like new set of four unmounted Sumitomo HTR 200 tires (185/60/13 for the front, 195/60/13 for the back), an additional unmounted spare Sumitomo HTR 100 185/60/13 tire (matching the front tires now on the car), the powder coated OEM air cleaner housing, OEM exhaust manifold, and well, a bunch on other stuff...

As the photos show, this is an exceptionally fine example of a late model fuel injected X1/9 but the car is not perfect. The original paint still has the door dings and scratches it had when I bought it and the synchros on first gear are a bit weak but it's a sweet driving solid car with a happy engine that I wouldn't hesitate to drive anywhere.

More photos at - http://s181.photobucket.com/user/rx19jones/library/X%20for%20sale?sort=3&page=2
My web site showing the work I've done to the car over the years - http://dennisjones.tripod.com/x/x1.html

Price including spares and documentation - $8,400 - reduced to $7,400

Dennis Jones , Napoleon, OH
rx19jones*gmail.com 419-599-3650
1986x19_1.jpg

P1100537.jpg

P1100529.jpg

P1100541.jpg

P1100574.jpg

P110052720-20Copy.jpg

Last edited:
I would much prefer to sell everything as one lot. If the car's buyer doesn't want the tires I'll let you know.

Wow, she is beautiful!!! I wished I could purchase her and drive it back to Nebraska. Do you provide marriage canceling after the sale? :)

V/r, Mike

Nebraska Mike

just bring the wife along!

She'd fall in love with the car on the long drive home...

I read it at face value...

Wife #1 dropped the ultimatum: "It's that car or me..."
I am now with wife #2....:)

(sorry for the hijack..)

Fortune Shines...

Fortune shines on those that have both a good car and spouse...:nod:

Joe F,
I have one X1/9 and a truck (not counting my wife's Chrysler), if I were to get another vehicle and kick her car out of the garage then I would be in hot water for sure.

And RX19,
She already doesn't enjoy riding in my current '86 X (spoiled). I would love another X and yours is just perfect.
I hope you sell her to a great owner that would enjoy driving as much as I do.
V/r, Mike

Nebraska Mike

thanks Mike

I'm hoping the car will go to a good home too. One of the reasons I'm selling my X is that my wife isn't so enamored with riding in a X as she once was...

1979 & 2016 (pro tip - you can tell witch photo is more recent by examining the X's bumper)

cheers- dj

Are the pants from 79 for sale!! I had a pair in 69 that were the same only in green!! Lovely car also.

Are the pants from 79 for sale!! I had a pair in 69 that were the same only in green!! Lovely car also.

Somewhere out there, there's a Volkswagen with its seat covers missing.
Or," looking good mister Kotter".

But seriously, great pictures.

rx19,
My wife saw the two pictures and really loves them. Then she said, "we don't have any pictures like that. Why not?" Just want to thank you for that.
Well, I hate to see you selling an X1/9 that is my dream X1/9. Your X1/9 even has the Daytona wheels I really want but cannot afford at the moment (home repairs) and a great paint scheme. If I had the funds I would be there tomorrow.
Looks like you both really enjoyed owning it and I can tell that this was not an easy decision for you.
I really hope the X finds a wonderful home.
V/r, Mike

Nebraska Mike

Geez Dennis... Congrats on your long-term commitments...g

But i just don't understand.

I've seen so many recently selling off their rides and I am perplexed. It certainly is not for the money and as MEN, we always do things for TWO reasons... a GOOD reason and the REAL reason.

Anyway, hopefully someone here (BOB BROWN) snatches up this beauty! I wish you all the best.

high fashion

Man, back in the day I was stylin' when I wore those pants, or at least I thought I was... In any case don't knock it too hard, either because of my fashion sense or (more likely) despite my lack thereof I still got the girl and that's the important bit!

dj

me too

Both of these photos bring a smile to my face every time I see them. My mom took the photo in '79 not long after Su and I started dating - said she wanted a snap of me and my two loves. My son took the second photo a few weeks ago.. Good stuff...

cheers - dj

Really nice Bertone

Dennis, just like to thank you for sharing all your links and Bertone project. photo bucket etc...
I really enjoyed it all
Nico

Back