Andrew's X19 restoration

Congrats Andrew!

That's a big step - things really started to accelerate for me after I got the motor in, I just couldn't wait to take it for a drive!

Hey

Man you need a HOIST! lol probably too late now. Once i got one my entire world changed. Lol the nissan got seam welded for one.

Should be at this years Nats then by the look of it!
Lol might have to leave the red x home in shame.

Looks good

first start ups are always worth looking forward to, mine started for the first time the other day, never run the engine before and didn't know if it was going to work at all, but its running pretty good now :)

hope it all goes smoothly and HAVE FUN!

Let me know...

How that clutch works for you. I have a 4 puck in mine, but it has a sprung hub like the stock clutch. I was "told" that the solid hub clutches are either in or out, there is very little slippage with them.

I got mine from Clutchnet.com

Everything looks GREAT! I'm excited for you. I think we all wait with great anticipation on hearing it run and seeing it driven. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks a lot guys :)

Lachy - man epic amounts of envy here, a hoist would be so cool! But hey, we've upgraded to a pit and thats a damn site better than lying on your back on the cold concrete! But then again I drove past some bogans doing an engine change on a Commo in the mud in their front yard in the rain the other day, so it could be a lot worse. They had Woodstock keeping them warm, though. All things going well it should be at the nats... I'm kinda keen to see this Nissan of yours too.

Brian - the hook on the end of the chain is attached to a bolt going through the hole where the dogbone engine mount bolts to the chassis. It seems to work pretty well.

Harold - Don't worry that's only a temporary dogbone mount just so I could get the engine in :p Dad stole my old one for his car, and I was a little horrified at the price of new ones so I just used an old one I found up the back of the shed for the time being. Before the car runs I'll either suck it up and buy a new one, or try and make my own. A mate told me about this resin type stuff you can buy. Apparently you hack out the old rubber and then cast a new mount in the same casing. Would mean I could go for stiffer engine mounts, too.

Back