The Restoration of Mac-X (Book Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about the tar mats under the seat area?

Could there be any residual acid under or in the tar mat? I would be concerned that the acid didn't eat the tar mat away completely....

The car is back but

at a body shop 5 miles outside of Keene.
It's nothing to look at unless you want to see a totally bare naked X1/9. :love: Ha!

I'm in Atlanta again this week but this coming weekend I'll be working with the body guy to clean up the entire chassis, inside and out.
He thought it would come back spotless, but the acid tanks had a lot of paint residue in them. :blackeye:

The rust is completely gone but the removed paint residue is all over the place. Small particulates, if you know what I mean.

Regarding the tar mats under the seats, there is no chemical trapped underneath and they look pretty good. They're covering the metal quite solid. The chemical didn't break it down.

Karl, I'll let you know when it's back, OR you can drop by regardless. Would love to meet you and show you how seriously MESSED UP I can make my house storing all these parts. :dead:

Thanks Tim, I live in NH

not Atlanta. I just come here a lot on business.
I do get to DC from time to time. I'll let you know when that happens.
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Do you think you could bring some cooler weather with you?

not Atlanta. I just come here a lot on business.
I do get to DC from time to time. I'll let you know when that happens.
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Remember there are several x'ers here in Atl if you get some spare time!

Yep, it'll happen

I travel here a lot, as this is where Corporate headquarters is and I have to be here fairly often.
I work out of New Hampshire but the Boss is in Atlanta. :dead: Ha!

I'll let you know when I get another free day. Usually on a weekend when that happens unless I drop by for an early eve visit.

We'll meet up one of these times Jim.

He just found this LINK, Herzel...

Can't wait for the NEW link on the rebuild... This one uses up too much of my computer's memory!

HA!

My apologies, our time in Vermont has come and now gone...we had a few unexpected activities that kept us from getting down to the Keene area. (A death, she lived 94 years so there was little to mourn beyond her passing and a friend in the hospital). Didn't get to Royalton either to look at the latest California import either, grrr.

Thank you for your kind offer however, one way or another I will meet up with you in the coming year.

I just returned from FFO in Virginia. I met the Turners which was a pleasure. Had a great time. Pics on the main page.

No Problem Karl,

We'll catch up one of these days.
Maybe I'll have a car to show by then too. :)

No updates yet

There's been an upset in the family of the guy who's doing the body work. His granddaughter (7 years old) is in an induced coma because of complications from an infection obtained when swimming in a lake. You might have seen this type thing in the news, very lethal parasite that's infectious to humans. It starts in your sinuses and ears. I don't know how this is going to turn out but it sets the project back at least a month. I've heard that she's lost her sight but don't know if this is temporary or permanent. I feel bad for her and her family.
I'm not going to bother him at this time because I know where his priorities are and where they belong. I'm hoping this all turns out well for him and his family. He hasn't stopped working but Mac-X is a side project for him and right now his spare time is spent with his family. (as he should)

It's likely I won't see a painted body back here until sometime in October if I'm lucky.

I continue to pick at the pieces, obtain small parts as they turn up, etc.
I'm going to start a new thread (some have requested) when the "up-build" begins. A "Chapter 2" of sorts. :)

Fully understandable Bob, He and his family are in our thoughts.

There's been an upset in the family of the guy who's doing the body work. His granddaughter (7 years old) is in an induced coma because of complications from an infection obtained when swimming in a lake. You might have seen this type thing in the news, very lethal parasite that's infectious to humans. It starts in your sinuses and ears. I don't know how this is going to turn out but it sets the project back at least a month. I've heard that she's lost her sight but don't know if this is temporary or permanent. I feel bad for her and her family.
I'm not going to bother him at this time because I know where his priorities are and where they belong. I'm hoping this all turns out well for him and his family. He hasn't stopped working but Mac-X is a side project for him and right now his spare time is spent with his family. (as he should)

It's likely I won't see a painted body back here until sometime in October if I'm lucky.

I continue to pick at the pieces, obtain small parts as they turn up, etc.
I'm going to start a new thread (some have requested) when the "up-build" begins. A "Chapter 2" of sorts. :)

The young girl did recover but

is now left permanently blinded.
Reason for this is because our local hospital delayed treatment for 9 days. The mother had to seek another hospital, and by then she had developed to a toxic situation.
2 weeks in a coma and major brain swelling. When she came out of it she no longer has functioning optic nerves in both eyes.
Very sad situation but she is physically doing well (lots better than her parents) and they are seeking a medical malpractice suite against the emergency room doctors that turned them away twice.
This beautiful young (and intellegent) kid will need a lot of support going forward. But she is doing well under the circumstances and is adapting to her new world.

Thanks for asking.

Going forward, I am going to lock this thread and start a new "Restoration of Mac-X Book 2" version as I continue with this project.
Thank you all for your interest thus far.

Posts will continue in a new thread

I'm going to end (lock) this thread and start a new "Restoration of Mac-X Book 2" version as this project continues.
Thank you all for your interest thus far. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back