1975 X in N. Portland Pick 'n Pull...*PICS!*

Brent Barber

True Classic
Hello all.

Just a head's up that there's a 1975 X in the N Portland Oregon Pick 'n Pull salvage yard. I've swung by an picked a few things but I think alot of good parts exist on this car! From what I'm told, the car was recently put in the yard. The carb seemed in fairly decent shape, bumpers had cracks, dash had cracks, seats ok...trunk rack not too bad. Car also has a metal front down draft spoiler...looked like it has had work done..but not too bad. Nice targa top. Engine seemed complete.

What I grabbed off the car were the front turn signals, sun visors, and almost perfect door panels. I left my trademark of taking the rear red turn signals and leaving the rest of the tail lights. :wacko: :mallet: What can I say?!

Anyways...on to the pics...
Enjoy!

img0242b.jpg

img0243qz.jpg

img0246g.jpg

img0247ip.jpg

What a shame....

Man, I have rescued far worse condition cars. Why would they not put the whole thing up for sale? I hope a few people make good use of those parts...

Hey, Can we use some of those parts for the Mac restoration? I would be willing to chip in some money for this donor car....

Let me know,

Arman

Hey Brent,

I need the seats, seat rails, headlight pods and Dash (gauge) cluster.
Any chance in getting those?

Hi Bob!

I don't think I'll be able to make it to the yard anytime soon. Leaving for Colorado this week for the xmas holiday and won't be back until New Year's eve-ish. I can try after new years. :happy:

OK, thanks -

Lemme know if the possibility exists in getting those parts.
Thanks again.

I have one good headlight pod with motor if interested. I think it is the passenger side. It is from an 86 Spider and is faded red.

Eric

Thanks Eric...

But let's wait on the headlight pod. I have a couple here but pending the outcome of the seats and a few other events will determine if I'll actually use them. The seats however are a needed item "no matter what". Thanks for the offer though. Much appreciated.

If you guys make a list of what you want off of it, I can make a trip over and collect the parts. Got bbrown's and Eastep's list. I'm now checking them twice... :wink2:

Bob do you just want the instrument cluster not the whole dash?

Brent, which yard is it? (OK I have the location, never been to that yard.)

Brian

Last edited:
Address/Map Link...

If you guys make a list of what you want off of it, I can make a trip over and collect the parts. Got bbrown's and Eastep's list. I'm now checking them twice... :wink2:

Bob do you just want the instrument cluster not the whole dash?

Brent, which yard is it? (OK I have the location, never been to that yard.)

Brian

Hello!

Really cool of you to make a parts run! :headbang: Wish I could make it back to the yard before I take off to Colorado...doesn't look like I will. You can try this link and it should take you to the map.

http://www.picknpull.com/locations.aspx?View=Detail&ID=117

9635 N Columbia Boulevard
Portland, OR 97203 US

My GPS took me right there...pretty easy to find.

Hope this helps.

BTW...the site www.picknpull.com allows you to search their inventory which is cool! Some Xs in California yards.

Brent

what a bummer. That is a nice looking car and too bad its soooo far from me. I could really use some stuff off that car!!!:eek:

If it's small enough stuff to ship, I will be headed over there next week to collect all the parts listed above. add yours in if you want me to get them. The link to inventory above also shows their pricing, just add shipping.

Brian

I will be headed over to the bone yard Friday, weather permitting, snowing heavily right now, Here is what I'm going after.

If you want me to get something else, throw it on here.

bbrown:
seats
seat rails
headlight pods (is this the whole thing including motors?)
Dash (gauge) cluster

Eastep:
headlight switch

DaveR:
shift boot
handbrake boot.

Brian

Wow! Nice resto!

That's what I'm hoping for after recovering.
Thanks for sharing that. :headbang:

When are you going ?

Let me know when you are planning to go and pull the parts I'll could meet you there and help PM me if you want the help.

Back