DIY - Heater Core replacement using 124 Core

replaced the top vent lid material also
That looks like a new lid? Where did you find one?

This is one of the main reasons I highly recommend that everyone rebuild - or at least disassemble and clean - their heater box. It is a real health hazard considering the air you breath is passing through this first.....
B2AD.jpg

Worse than the dirt, debris, pollen, dust, etc, is all of the living organisms that I guarantee you is living in that huge petri dish. Even if the "heat" isn't on, the vent air still passes through it and straight into your lungs.

That looks like a new lid? Where did you find one?

This is one of the main reasons I highly recommend that everyone rebuild - or at least disassemble and clean - their heater box. It is a real health hazard considering the air you breath is passing through this first.....
View attachment 45034

Worse than the dirt, debris, pollen, dust, etc, is all of the living organisms that I guarantee you is living in that huge petri dish. Even if the "heat" isn't on, the vent air still passes through it and straight into your lungs.
It is still the original lid. I Grinded it down with a wire brush and repainted it. I actually could have spent more time to repair the pitting in the metal alot better but because you dont see it i didn't go to crazy on it. Overall the heater box came up great and i agree with what you have said. This thing was disgusting and everyone should absolutely take the time to remove and at least clean their heater box

Back