Heater hose routing?

I like the oil pressure gauge on the NB Miatas, looks just like the real oil pressure gauge on my NA but is just the same as an oil pressure light and is either at "zero" or straight up.

This whole discussion for me is just interesting. I have no plans to do any of this, my mostly stock motored X has a perfectly fine cooling system.

The swing of the alternator is now perpendicular to the line between crank pulley and alt pulley. So it swings back and forth without affecting belt tension.

Yes, my heater supply is now cooler water. But still plenty hot. More important is to get the heater circuit to even flow.

Yep, Pantera GTS. Not mine. :)

Dan, that is a great idea! Your suggestion of installing a modern computer-controlled variable thermostat in the X1/9 is exactly what it needs! O.K, I'm just joking here....but it is fun to be creative and play with new ideas. Even if they are things that may not necessarily be needed, and if we are not necessarily properly qualified engineers to do so, it it's still fun to play with conceptual developments and new designs.

Lots of great ideas. Looking forward to seeing what people come up with and how things work out.

Ulix, the problem you found with the alternator belt adjustment is very much like with the stock factory set up on my '79 California spec X1/9 with AC and SMOG pump....the belts are impossible to properly install and adjust due to the poor design of it.

Back