Leap Day Tour

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
Just in case you have no desire to work on a day that hits the calendar only every four years, I traditionally put on a tour on Leap Day. It leaves Hollister California at 9 am, goes to a catered lunch in Paso Robles California, and ends back in Hollister for an optional dinner.
It must be getting popular, as I write this I have 32 participants showing up. Not bad for a 325 mile tour on a week day during the winter.

If you would like to participate, let me know. It's open to all folks and cars. I will not force you to be a member of any particular club if you would like to participate. And you don't need to drive a Fiat, or even an Italian car.

Photos for those who can't make the tour will most likely follow.

Just in case you have no desire to work on a day that hits the calendar only every four years, I traditionally put on a tour on Leap Day. It leaves Hollister California at 9 am, goes to a catered lunch in Paso Robles California, and ends back in Hollister for an optional dinner.
It must be getting popular, as I write this I have 32 participants showing up. Not bad for a 325 mile tour on a week day during the winter.

If you would like to participate, let me know. It's open to all folks and cars. I will not force you to be a member of any particular club if you would like to participate. And you don't need to drive a Fiat, or even an Italian car.

Photos for those who can't make the tour will most likely follow.
I did this annual (well 4 years ago) and it was amazing. Great roads, great people, great food and great roads...

For those who asked for photos:

I am not good at things like computers and photos.

There are a lot of shots from other participants showing the "road closed" sign
dan yee prerun sign.jpg

and some of the water crossings
Dan Yee water.jpg

Joy 500 water.jpg

Kev Enderby water.jpg

This one was taken from a Ferrari

Let's just say that we went Fiyachting for a few thousand feet. And in a few spots the water was really flowing.

Everyone had fun.

32 participants for a 325 mile tour is an impressive number! Thank you for opening this event to everyone, regardless of car or club membership. This is truly a wonderful opportunity for everyone.
If I get the opportunity to join you, I will definitely take it.

Back