New Alloy Wheels or Old Magnesium ?

Good call on this. I think there is something hiding under the very heavy paint.
Yeah, also this is sold on a french craiglist so to speak, not a shop... and kind of expensive.
He told me he sold his car (not an X, maybe a 128?) and the buyer didnt want the wheels...
maybe for... you know... a reason... ;)

CD-30 replicas, in gold!
LT-Fiat128_1.jpg

That main surface [that sits against the disc/hub ] looks very corrosion pitted beneath the paint. Compare it to the inside of the spokes.

Hi guys, so working on my X today and I took a wheel off (the Uno Turbo Cromodora)
Look at this spacer... its on every wheels, (because they are ET 50mm !)
This doesnt look very good... I guess its lighter than common spacer ?
When I did the MOT here in France they told me my wheels were very studdy, very rare for a classic car...
But now I see this Im not really happy about it !

By the way Im going to go with a set of superlite 13x6 because the CD30 replica are double the price...
I will buy them in the future if I have the money, for street use, and use the superlite with Toyo for track racing.

Just to note this, there is no central part to hold the wheel... so its really a pain to put the wheels back, its really hard to get the wheel into the perfect position, I need to lower the car just so it aligns with the wheel that s put on the ground, etc...

IMG_2826.JPG

Yeah.... Get rid of those wheels/spacers! It also looks like the wheel bolts engage in thread in those extra nut in the slots as well as the thread in the true wheel attachment flange on the hub. That is a bad idea too. It means the thread has two starts and the odds are that they will not align well.

Yeah.... Get rid of those wheels/spacers! It also looks like the wheel bolts engage in thread in those extra nut in the slots as well as the thread in the true wheel attachment flange on the hub. That is a bad idea too. It means the thread has two starts and the odds are that they will not align well.
yeah... also if you screw the wheel bolts, it will screw in the spacer nut even more in the original hub... can be worst and worst...
But the most painful is to align the wheel... spent at least 5min to get the right height of the car etc...

Hi guys, so working on my X today and I took a wheel off (the Uno Turbo Cromodora)
Look at this spacer... its on every wheels, (because they are ET 50mm !)
This doesnt look very good... I guess its lighter than common spacer ?
When I did the MOT here in France they told me my wheels were very studdy, very rare for a classic car...
But now I see this Im not really happy about it !

By the way Im going to go with a set of superlite 13x6 because the CD30 replica are double the price...
I will buy them in the future if I have the money, for street use, and use the superlite with Toyo for track racing.

Just to note this, there is no central part to hold the wheel... so its really a pain to put the wheels back, its really hard to get the wheel into the perfect position, I need to lower the car just so it aligns with the wheel that s put on the ground, etc...

View attachment 84051
That is not a great setup. I personally wouldn’t even drive it like that and I am not all that picky.

Back