Next project for the 124. Door cards

This stu
stuff. 1/8 inch. Glossy on other side
20240207_153118.jpg

This stu
stuff. 1/8 inch. Glossy on other sideView attachment 81415
OK, not MDF. I think this is often referred to as "hardboard". On one vehicle I had difficulty using it for the door cards due to two things; I needed to staple the covers onto it and the hardboard was difficult to get staples into it (at least with my stapliers), and on that particular application the door cards had a slight curve to them....not totally flat....and the hardboard did not offer much 'give'. But I suppose on the X with them being flat, and if you are only using glue (not staples) it would be easier. ;)

Also hardboard is rather durable and somewhat moisture resistant, so they should last pretty well.

OK, not MDF. I think this is often referred to as "hardboard". On one vehicle I had difficulty using it for the door cards due to two things; I needed to staple the covers onto it and the hardboard was difficult to get staples into it (at least with my stapliers), and on that particular application the door cards had a slight curve to them....not totally flat....and the hardboard did not offer much 'give'. But I suppose on the X with them being flat, and if you are only using glue (not staples) it would be easier. ;)

Also hardboard is rather durable and somewhat moisture resistant, so they should last pretty well.
Yes, sorry. Hardboard. Thanks autox19

Yes, sorry. Hardboard. Thanks autox19
Earlier you mentioned the possibility of using hardboard and I thought it might not be the best option based on my prior experience. However as I've since said that may depend on the specific application. And it worked for AutoX19 on his X. So it may be a good option after all. ;)

Earlier you mentioned the possibility of using hardboard and I thought it might not be the best option based on my prior experience. However as I've since said that may depend on the specific application. And it worked for AutoX19 on his X. So it may be a good option after all. ;)
Working at this moment. Hasn't been installed. Hasent shown longevity :)
Plus unlike the car originally. This one will see very limited rain if any at all

Odie

The dash looks good too. Did you refinish it?
nope. I made it. red oak and TotalBoat Marine Varnish. Used the old beat up parts for templates. havent done the part around the shifter yet as you can see.
Also having issue with getting the ring/screw/holder thingys around the wiper speed to thread in. it is actually a little thinner than the original but for some reason wont work. I may have to see if I can print one out that is a little deeper. Just not sure how to measure the thread in something so thin.

Odie

Back