Theo's Wish List

Clatter

True Classic
Here we have a long list of little piddly items.
Now getting much shorter thanks to the help from new friends here.
Posting has been updated to remove the things found.
Thanks again!

If anyone knows of a car being parted out anywhere in or near central CA please let me know.

At the top of our list is a passenger-side (right) rearview mirror and glass assembly.
We know these are precious but can't help to ask.

How about an early front spoiler and/or grill?
We would be fine with a marginal one we could repair.

And here's one that seems to have frequent issues; left-side compartment air intake duct.
Ours has the tabs cracked off,
And we would like a better example of this one before we start re-installing the engine.
Duct3.jpg
Duct4.jpg

Here it is where it goes..
Duct1.jpg

Last edited:
Both of these plastic trim parts inside the car at the bottom of our 'B' pillar are rat nasty and broken.
BPillar.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, I might have the following but will need to verify (Currently away on a work trip so not sure when I can get these to you if I do):
-left-side compartment air intake duct
-B pillar plastic
-inner door release plastic
-Radiator fan

If I do have them, I would like to donate to said High-school kid at the cost of shipping :). Shouldn't be too bad minus the radiator fan, that's not a light one, maybe I can take the yellow plastic fan off since you have a good motor.

Bump for our parts hunt.. Adding things to the list,
And removing things we got! :D
Big thanks to everyone who has helped out.

Got a lower column cover from DaleS.
Big thanks to the forum members for their help.

If anyone has any of these parts to sell please let us know.

Your profile shows you're in Santa Cruz. @Chris Obert who owns FiatPlus should be one of your best friends. I'm in Santa Clara and often drive over the hill to pick up some parts.
Thanks for the tip.
We are regularly in touch with Chris,
but unfortunately, he doesn't have an X parting right now,
And these things we're needing are parts car items not retail stuff.

Thanks for the tip.
We are regularly in touch with Chris,
but unfortunately, he doesn't have an X parting right now,
And these things we're needing are parts car items not retail stuff.
Aren't all parts retail things - even when cars are being parted out? I might be mis-reading this but I think I've paid everyone I've bought parts from even from here.

Aren't all parts retail things - even when cars are being parted out? I might be mis-reading this but I think I've paid everyone I've bought parts from even from here.
I think he's referring "new" vs "used".

I think he's referring "new" vs "used".
But parts - even used, gently used, NOS, etc tend to cost money whether they come from Chris, Matt or almost anyone else on this forum, Mirafiori, even junk yards. I've gotten a few things for free, but by and large, I got what I paid for...

But parts - even used, gently used, NOS, etc tend to cost money whether they come from Chris, Matt or almost anyone else on this forum, Mirafiori, even junk yards. I've gotten a few things for free, but by and large, I got what I paid for...

Retail, as in new, top priced. Not wholesale, discounted, or used. These are all priced less than retail. As he said he's looking for parts car items. I took it at a lesser price than a "new" item. Although he's received some free items from generous members here, I don't think he said he wouldn't pay for items.

Aren’t we basically saying the same thing?

Parts - new or used - tend to have a cost associated with them when they come from a vendor or a seller. Even free can have a cost - namely shipping as someone has to pick that up.

We’re happy to pay for stuff.
Not begging or looking for handouts.

If you dig for the parts that i have listed here on the websites of different vendors you won’t find them.
This thread ended up being created because i wasn’t otherwise able to find these things for sale.

Some things aren’t available new and most vendors aren’t breaking up cars and selling the used parts.
At least not these little things we need here.
For sure not Chris or MWB.

We’re not looking for something like a timing belt or clutch disk or water pump or…

If anyone has leads on where to buy the stuff I’m looking for here please do share.

Last edited:
WhooHoo!!
Box of goodies from the UK.
Grommets, sunvisors, control cables, dash knobs, etc.
Props to ‘Dino66’ for the help.
Thanks Guy. :cool:
IMG_7475.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7475.jpeg
    IMG_7475.jpeg
    377.3 KB · Views: 3
Here we have a long list of little piddly items.
Now getting much shorter thanks to the help from new friends here.
Posting has been updated to remove the things found.
Thanks again!

If anyone knows of a car being parted out anywhere in or near central CA please let me know.

At the top of our list is a passenger-side (right) rearview mirror and glass assembly.
We know these are precious but can't help to ask.

How about an early front spoiler and/or grill?
We would be fine with a marginal one we could repair.

And here's one that seems to have frequent issues; left-side compartment air intake duct.
Ours has the tabs cracked off,
And we would like a better example of this one before we start re-installing the engine.
View attachment 81303
View attachment 81304

Here it is where it goes..
View attachment 81301
I was looking at Chris' webstore for some parts I need and saw the left side air scoop - he has it new and used:

New: https://www.fiatplus.com/LEFT-REAR-1-4-SIDE-AIR-SCOOP-0004245639N-139622/
Used: https://www.fiatplus.com/LEFT-REAR-QUARTER-AIR-SCOOP-0004245639U-141524/

Back