X1/9 coolant overflow tank hose size....

petex19

True Classic
Does anyone know with a good degree of certainty what size hose is needed to replace the lower hose from the coolant overflow bottle to the thermostat housing.

I suspect with about 80% accuracy that mine has a stress crack of some sort because everything is perfectly dry when parked in the garage but after a drive and everything warms up when I park the car I get a small drip and it stops once the engine cools down.

I've tried Midwest and International and only find listings for the upper hose which is like an 'S' so I can understand needing a factory replacement. The lower hose though is only about 10" long and pretty straight so I was going to go to a local autoparts store and buy a piece and replace it but I don't know the inside diameter of hose to buy. I would guess it is probably about 1/2" or 5/8" but I would love to know for sure.

'PeteX1/9

These might help ya. -

Made by Gates... (the larger elbow) 18071

heaterhosessm.jpg

Thanks for the tip...

Thanks for the tip Bob but I only need to replace the coolant reservoir lower hose but do not know the exact size of hose to purchase? If anyone has a spare overflow bottle and wouldn't mind measuring the diameter or where the hose connects at the bottom that would be great.

'PeteX1/9

But Pete, the number is right there...

Just order one through your local auto parts store.
I've given you the Gates Part number. Every auto store can get them. They're cheap.
The S-shape is for the top, the larger elbow is for the bottom.
You need only cut it to length. This is what I'm using as a NOS replacement.

Thanks so much Bob,

I recieved the coolant hose today and having the part number made it so easy to order it. I never even had to mention the word Fiat or X1/9 and hear things like "who makes that?" I'm sorry I didn't pick up on the part number right away as the hose looks huge in the photo:)

Hose installed and all is good...:love:

'PeteX1/9

Way to go Pete...

Glad I could help.
Wasn't sure you got the part number after all, so thanks for the feedback!

BTW, that smaller hose (the one on top in the photo) is used in the late model plenum setup, and 2 are needed. But looking at your setup, you won't even need to think about it!

Almost time for a photo update? :D

Back