Rust!

Looks good...

In your pictures the engine cover and rear spoiler don't have the same gloss as the body, perhaps they are "body color", but not gloss like the body. The red stripe is striking! :thumbsup:

In your pictures the engine cover and rear spoiler don't have the same gloss as the body, perhaps they are "body color", but not gloss like the body. The red stripe is striking! :thumbsup:
Hard to see in the photos, but they are gloss - not sure if the finish of the spoiler and engine cover just make it look different. The engine cover was flat black before. I'm not saying it's bad or I don;t like it, it's just different. I'm old, change is difficult for me.....

Took it out for dinner last nite to a local bar & grill. I parked it right up front and as soon as I parked a guy inside started knocking on the window with a thumbs up. I talked to him inside (he was in the band setting up) and he told about his X i high school, a 74.

I sat by the window and watched at least a dozen people looking it over hard. Of course no roof on it. If I need the roof it doesn't leave the garage:hmm:

I also love the red stripe and how it pops. I'm ordering a red Bertone headlight decal from Henk for just the drivers side http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/24931/

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Tim. I am very jealous. Both of my Xs need paint and it will be along time before I can get that taken care of. I am really glad the 86 went to a good home. :)
Well, you have that nice trailer now. A quick trip to Atlanta may be in your future....

You kept the 86 in great shape. I was luck to get one this good.

Back