500 Abarth 1.4 Turbo swap.

More engine bay preparations after it’s been washed of grease that could ignite a fire while cutting. A plasma cutter is used for clean and precise cuts.
IMG_3132.jpeg
IMG_3136.jpeg
IMG_3135.jpeg
IMG_3138.jpeg
IMG_3141.jpeg
IMG_3143.jpeg
IMG_3142.jpeg

Way back when I had to repair some rust in the left lower bumper area I also chose to tackle the truck floor rust. Well, I opted to leave the trunk floor out and just put the sheet plate floor cover in to have it removable. The new build requires the floor (not to mention it makes a good tool table while “in” the engine bay) so why not do 24gauge stainless?! 😊 To mimic the factory floor it needs some bead rolled lines. This will be spot welded into place.
IMG_3203.jpeg
IMG_3205.jpeg
IMG_3208.jpeg
IMG_3207.jpeg
IMG_3206.jpeg
IMG_3209.jpeg
IMG_3210.jpeg
IMG_3211.jpeg
IMG_3212.jpeg
IMG_3213.jpeg

Work continues on the clearance and stiffening modifications required with this build. Although it may not look like a lot has been accomplished, there is much time spent in cutting, fitting, bending, welding stainless panels. Tony has said to me that sometimes progress comes in fast waves where a lot is done, and other times work is much more tedious and time consuming. Such is the way in a labour of love. The amount of care and attention to detail not to mention skill astounds me sometimes.
templates.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG

Did you paint this or leave it as is? I really like the look of a well made panel in it's bare form...very nicely executed!
Unpainted, also did an engine cover in alloy, and door skins, but painted the later. Pity the boot floor was destroyed last year in a rear end crash, it's in a track car and I am still repairing it.
I like your work for the Abarth 500 engine transplant, great choice of engine.
100_3061.jpg

As work is completed on the frame stiffening after the large access hole is cut, we move on to the lower engine mount on the left side. This engine produces more than 100hp than stock so no messing around. Sleeves must be made with captured nuts. welding is completed on the top and will be finished on the bottom when the car is lifted. (Only so much time in an evening) A hole must also be drilled for the shifter cables. this will receive a sleeve as well.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG

Unpainted, also did an engine cover in alloy, and door skins, but painted the later. Pity the boot floor was destroyed last year in a rear end crash, it's in a track car and I am still repairing it.
I like your work for the Abarth 500 engine transplant, great choice of engine.View attachment 80622
wait a second.......I just noticed the scoops in the 1/4s...I've not seen anything like this.....any other pictures of this modification??

Back