TJ puts a B in his X, k? - '78 B-Series Swap/Build

Interesting color. I was also wondering how it would look in matte. I wouldn't mind it being a slight shade darker, but like you I'd hate to lose any of the metallic effect. At least one aspect of the car will have superior German influences. :p (disclaimer, I am Italian so that is not a racist comment).

Interesting color. I was also wondering how it would look in matte. I wouldn't mind it being a slight shade darker, but like you I'd hate to lose any of the metallic effect. At least one aspect of the car will have superior German influences. :p (disclaimer, I am Italian so that is not a racist comment).
IMG_8719.jpeg

Yeah I want it to be subtle but also still have that custom look. It changes a lot in different lighting so we will see how it bounces off the X’s sheet metal.

In my youth, I'd call that "Burple". Black and Purple. Mopars always looked good in that shade (darker than Plum Crazy)

With the X's lines a lot of "flop" from the metallics will be pretty cool

Progress is still slow but there is some progress. I painted my valve cover on my Honda engine but I decided I didn’t like it so I redid it yesterday using Cerakote in the recommendation of a friend. He’s restoring an aircooled 911 and used Cerakote on many engine components and loved the results.
IMG_8878.jpeg

I also had the pleasure of meeting fellow member @Mark_Toro as he swung by to take my old Fiat engine off my hands!
IMG_8879.jpeg

TJ - we made it home through the snow with no problems. It was great to meet you. I know the engine assembly will take at least six months off the build time of my project. :)
Thank you!

Still moving at a snail’s pace but now that the nice weather is here I am very anxious to get things moving. I bought an engine hoist to make my life easier but it took forever to be delivered which was annoying. But got it assembled today and started positioning the engine for mount mock-up.

IMG_9015.jpeg

Then I built a little platform out of pallets to rest the engine on and now I’m working on measuring everything and will be chopping up and cutting mounts to get the engine mounted in the car.

IMG_9016.jpeg

even though it isn’t truly mounted in the car, it does look cool sitting there close to where it’ll go!

Back