Anyone Bought The Prima Big Brakes From Vics?

Was looking at the VICKs link for rear suspension bushings posted in another current thread - and they have a brake upgrade kit (that still workes with 13" wheels..) for under $500 with new slider style calipers, vented rotors, etc. Looks nice. Wondering if anyone has tried them?
Was looking at the VICKs link for rear suspension bushings posted in another current thread - and they have a brake upgrade kit (that still workes with 13" wheels..) for under $500 with new slider style calipers, vented rotors, etc. Looks nice. Wondering if anyone has tried them?
I recently had a set fitted, as per the following link: https://uppermiddlepetrolhead.blogspot.com/2022/11/the-x19-gets-prima-brake-upgrade.html. Mixed results, I’m afraid, but I accept that maybe the rest of the brake system is at fault / is contributing.

I have the Prima brakes on the front of one of my Xs and stock brakes on my other X. The Primas are clearly an improvement over the stock front brakes. Without a brake booster you need all the help you can get.

I recently had a set fitted, as per the following link: https://uppermiddlepetrolhead.blogspot.com/2022/11/the-x19-gets-prima-brake-upgrade.html. Mixed results, I’m afraid, but I accept that maybe the rest of the brake system is at fault / is contributing.

Hello Alastair and Welcome! I installed the Vick brakes later in the thread - there were mounting issues back then (2014), however the braking quality was superlative. If you have issues with the quality/effectiveness of your brakes, definitely look at the other components (master, rear brakes, hoses, lines)

Sorry, missed this originally. I have 3 sets of these brakes on 2 spiders and 1 scorpion. I am a big proponent of vented disc brakes. This is where the original brakes let me down. I have raced fiats in circle track many years ago. The rotors glowed red. The ferodo ds11 pads handled it very well. I did not have brake fade. But the brakes could have been way better.

For the prima brakes on my spider they defiantly feel better. I have not done a stopping distance comparison. For the price IMHO you cant do better.

Are there better options? for sure. But at what price.
IMG_3581.JPG

IMG_0211.jpg

Back